Biodesign workshops is a free course designed to provide new entrepreneurs with an understanding of the innovation process, teaching them how to evaluate a life science technology as the basis for starting a new business. Whether you're an engineer, scientist, physician, or business expert, this class will bring you up to speed on the medical innovation process.
This series of interactive classes is hosted by Enventure once a every other week, and provides trainees with the opportunity to gain skills that you won't learn in the lab.
Our case studies will be focusing on current unmet health care needs, and through a mixed lecture and small group discussion format, idenitfy and refine solutions to those needs that create value for patients, caregivers, and society using Stanford's Biodesign medical innovation process. Each new session builds on the material from the previous class, however each session covers a standalone topic/skill necessary for launching your Life Science Startup.
1. Healthcare Need Introduction/Needs Finding - June 5, 2019 (**Held AT Rice's BioScience Research Collaborative on 6566 Main street Houston TX, 77030)
2. Needs Discovery - June 19, 2019
3. Stakeholder and Market Share Analysis - July 10, 2019
4. User Needs - July 24, 2019
5. Ideation and Concept Screening - August 7, 2019 (**Held AT Rice's BioScience Research Collaborative on 6566 Main street Houston TX, 77030)
**All lectures are held at TMCx unless marked above.
People interested in continuing forward with entrepreneurship opportunities can engage with our ENRICH and Bioventures programs. See more at enventure.org.
Everyone is welcome to join us for food, drinks and discussion, and we are excited to see what we come up with!