VICE is a (virtual) venture investment competition by Enventure where students will play the role of investors to perform diligence on our partnering start-ups and be judged by our invited investors. Prize money will be awarded to the top student teams!
Students: Form teams and act as investors to critique life science and heathcare startups’ pitches and identify companies that would make a sound investment. Opportunity to gain diligence experience and network with start-ups and investors. The top four teams will be awarded prize money.
Start-ups: Partner with us to practice your pitch in a public setting, receive valuable feedback to improve your business model from competing students and judges, and network with investors to build connections and find mentors. This is a student venture competition, not a pitch competition, so it’s a great opportunity to get feedback even in the early stages of your company.
Investors: Provide mentorship by judging students’ abilities to assess startup credentials and negotiate terms, receive free diligence and an early look into our four partnered start-ups, and network with future VCs and potential investments.
Sponsors: Receive added perks for branding and access to early stage startups, please contact us for more information.
Timeline: Student Registration July 2022 | Competition August 12th 2022
- Registration： June 27th - July 26th | Team forming sheet provided upon registration, individual registration and team registration both accepted
- Diligence Workshop: July 28th 5:00 pm CST | Participants can attend an optional due diligence course offered by a Venture Associate
- Diligence Week: Competing student teams will receive a pitch deck and executive summary from 1 of 4 start-ups two weeks before the event. Each team has one week to evaluate these documents and create a deal memo. Deal Memos will be reviewed and the top team per each start-up will be selected as a finalist.
- Competition Day (Part 1): Each start-up will pitch themselves in front of their reviewing team and a set of VC mentors (judges.) At the end of the pitch, teams will have the opportunity to question the start-up founders. The VCs will be critiquing each team’s questions and providing feedback to the teams and the start-ups.
- Competition Day (Part 2): Teams then have 20-30 minutes to prepare a recommendation that they will present to the judges. They will be scored on their questioning and recommendation. Teams will be ranked and prizes will be awarded.
Open to all experience levels and time zones! Contact Siqi Du(firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Heather Steinman | The Wistar Institute
Jorge Ramirez | Trialspark
Michelle Ho | 5am Ventures
Nessan Birmingham | Khosla Ventures
Phillip DiGiacomo | Qiming Venture Partners
Rob Tucci | Texas Halo Fund
Sahil Chopra | Vertex Venture
"I really enjoyed it. Would love to do VC in the future if I could find a way in." - Participant 1
"I loved it. I've only competed in 3 competitions so my sample size is small, but this was the most enjoyable by far." - Participant 2
"This is a very creative forum to gain insights into doing due diligence on start-up opportunities. I am unaware of anything else like this and I think it provides for a great experience for all participants. I was also happy to be introduced to some of the other investors. Thank you for including me, I had a great time!" - Heather Steinman, The Wistar Institute/Robinhood Ventures